CVSCC has booked it's 2014 events with CVTC!
6/29/14 = The Spitfire Challenge at Clairemont
9/28/14 = Dick Feeney Memorial at West Campus
Details and registration to be provided later in 2014.
Minutes of the October 15 meeting of the CVSCC
Called to order by President Rex at 6:43
1. Treasurer’s report
2. Review of Dick Feeney Trophy Dash: Event filled up, everything went smoothly with plenty of runs for all. Will consider starting earlier to finish earlier. Will determine the financial split at the November meeting.
3. Discussion of formation of search committee to find officers for next year. Steven A. is good with V.P. spot.
4. Brief review of October teen car control class, volunteers are still needed.
5. Discussion of club members getting together to watch LeMans as well as an outing to see Rush, nothing decided.
6. Discussion of Arrowhead Sports Car Club winter rally events and ice-khanas put on by the LaCrosse Sports Car Club and the Central Wisconsin Sports Car Club, stay tuned for more info.
7. Committee formed to review club bylaws, will meet Tues. Nov. 5. Members include Bob D., John Q., Steven A., Rex S., & Steve J.
8. Discussion of ways to retain current member and recruit new members. Suggestions included hats, shirts, license plate frames with club info.
9. Discussion of club wear possibilities including shirts, hats and jackets, more on this later.
10. Going back to license plate frames as mentioned in line 8, there was a motion to order said frames to use as trophies for autocross (certificates with event info and finishing position would be printed and go into frame). Motion seconded, discussed and passed.
11. Discussion of location and activity for our year end party at the November meeting. Previous outings at Action City were successful and fun, so it was decided to have another go at it there. Meeting and eating to start at 6:00(p.m.) with karting to follow until 9:00. Motion by Steven A., second by Steve J. for the club to provide pizza, pop & karting for current paid members, passed. Guests are welcome but will have to pay their own way ($14 for a 3 hour kart pass, all you can eat pizza is $5 additional).
Meeting adjourned at 8:00
Respectfully submitted by your humble servant,
Registration for the 'Dick Feeney Memorial Trophy Dash' on Sept 22 will open midnight on August 21st and close at noon on Sept. 21.http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=14286
This event is limited to a maximum of 80 drivers and will have a strict noise limit of 95db enforced. The event will be at the Chippewa Valley Tech. College "West Campus"
Met-Council event rules and SCCA classing rules are used.
This event is limited to 80 drivers and no exceptions to that cap can be made. It's highly recommended that you pre-register to ensure your spot on the grid. Pre-registration also saves you $10.
CVSCC's June meeting will be June 18th at 7pm and at The Maple Manor in Eau Claire. See the meetings page for directions.
The agenda will be pretty mild, some post-event discussion from the autox and some social event stuff coming up soon. Feel free to bring new business to the table.
Most of the media coverage from the spitfire challenge has been updated on our images page. We've also added a photo-journalistic style story that some of you may enjoy.
The flyers are up. Make sure you stop by the Events page to download the flyer and share it.
The April meeting (April 16, 2013) will be held at Maple Manor at 7pm, but please arrival early if you can. See the meetings page for directions.
13$ unlimited karting from 6-9pm at Action City. We will also have pizza for members. Non members can chip in.